.: Admission Requirements
ELIGIBILITY FOR DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D) PROGRAMMES
An applicant for admission to a Ph.D programme shall:
be a graduate of Kogi State University or any other approved University who has obtained the degree of Master of Arts or Science (MA/M.Sc) by research thesis (Not Report or Project)
- Posses a minimum of 3.5 Cumulative Grade point Average on a 5 point scale or equivalent letter grade B in previous postgraduate core courses taken.
- For programmes in Natural Sciences: Posses a minimum of 4.0 Cumulative Grade point Average on a 5 point scale or equivalent letter grade B in previous postgraduate core courses taken.
The duration of study ranges from six to nine semesters for full-time candidates and up to ten semesters for part-time candidates.
ELIGIBILITY FOR MASTER OF ARTS/MASTER OF SCIENCE (ACADEMIC)
For Masters Degree Programmes (M.A/M.Sc), a candidate must:
- Possess a first degree of Kogi State University or any other recognized University in the relevant field of not less than second class Honours Lower Division ( 22)
- Possess HND at credit level and PGD also at credit level in relevant fields. Note that, not all programmes admit through HND.
ELIGIBILITY FOR POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD)
To qualify for admission into Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, candidate must:
- Hold a Third Class degree of Kogi State University or any other recognized University.
- Have a Higher National Diploma (HND) at credit level in related fields of study from a National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) recognized University/Polytechnic or any other Institution considered as equivalent.
Note that PGD in Christian Religious Studies is specifically designed for the benefit of candidates who had Third Class and above in Arts and Social Sciences subjects other than Christian Religious Studies and wish to take a career in Christian Studies at Masters or Ph.D level later in life.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY/ REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
All applicants for Postgraduate admission must satisfy the ‘O’ Level first degree requirement of Kogi State University, Anyigba as follows:
- Possess five ‘O’ Level credit passes at not more than two sittings in the relevant subjects, including English Language for ALL disciplines and Mathematics for ALL Science-based disciplines, including Economics, Geography and Management Sciences.
- Hold a good honours degree from Kogi State University, Anyigba or any other recognized university, with a minimum of Second class lower degree